Every one of us grows and changes in more ways than one throughout our lives, and to varying degrees we all spend some amount of our time thinking of ourselves.
I know as I’ve grown older, I’ve improved my skills and understanding about life and its possibilities a great deal – but I’m certain that in a few years I’ll look back and shake my head about how far I have to go – and that is perfectly fine.
So today we are taking the time to get introspective, about our personalities and traits, our dreams and goals of a better life, and everything in between.
We’re sure to get some interesting writing out of this as a result – and hopefully help clarify things about ourselves, and what is possible in our futures, whether young or old.
Let’s get into it…
How to use these:
You could keep it simple, and just read through the list until a prompt takes your fancy, and write about that in depth.
Or, you could always pick a random number, and write about whatever resulting prompt the universe chooses for you.
Another option would be to take 2 assorted prompts and combine them into a single written piece.
It’s all up to you, just jump in right now and start writing!
- What is one quality you like most about yourself? Why?
- How have you changed for the better as you’ve grown older so far in your life?
- Write about three thoughts that bring you happiness. What is it about those thoughts which is so positive for you?
- Do you ever set goals for yourself, to help you learn difficult skills, or achieve something you’re really wanting to? How does this help you?
- What is it about you that your friends see in you which makes them want to spend time with you?
- Sometimes we can get caught up in always wanting the next thing, or being envious of what someone else has. Do you take time to be grateful for what you do have? How does that impact you?
- What is a character trait of yours which you’d like to improve upon over the next year of your life?
- Have you ever stopped to think about what it is that you would love to do all day everyday for a “job”, if you could choose anything you wanted? How could you make that a reality?
- What do you think are your biggest challenges, and what can you do to overcome them?
- Do you have anyone inspiring who you look up to? What traits which they have might you apply to your own life?
- If you have a younger sibling, how can you help them be a better human who gets more out of their life? Are there things you can do to lead by example, or help teach them?
Share and get more!
Hope you found these helpful and inspiring to get plenty of great writing happening.
Tell you what, if you can share this with others you think would find them interesting, we’ll give you several thousand more free prompts, story starters, printables and more! 🙂 Sound good?
Ok awesome, you click and share and we’ll be here when you get back in a few seconds. Thanks for sharing!
So in case you weren’t aware, we make new things available for you to use every week, often every day in fact.
You can find creative writing and journaling ideas, picture prompts, teaching printables, tools to do helpful things for teachers, and for young writers – and so much more.
Make sure you bookmark our site, and check back soon!
If you have a suggestion on what you’d like us to make next, please let us know.
Matt & Hayley