Today we have created something special for you, 15 unique pictures with downloadable PDFs to use as writing stimulus.
We know from all the feedback you’ve been giving us that you’re really enjoying our other writing inspiration pictures, so we’re excited to share these with you.
Why use these?
Writing like any other skill needs to be practiced regularly, and some writers find it easier than others to get the ball rolling, and put those first words down.
Using images as creative writing stimulus can be really helpful, especially for students who are needing something interesting and unique to grab their attention and give them a creative starting point to build off of.
How to use these:
- Anytime you’re needing to inspire some creative writing, just load up this page and browse through for an image that takes your fancy!
- Download the PDF for the picture you’re wanting, and you’ll see we’ve included the picture itself, a few questions to get the creative juices flowing, and some lines to get started with your writing in case you’re wanting to print out the PDF.
Okay, without further ado, let’s get into the creative writing inspiration. Enjoy!
15 Writing Stimulus Pictures:
- What has this cat seen?
- Where are they going?
- Could the cat be in charge?
- What caused your skin to change like this?
- Is it spreading?
- Could it have special powers?
- Why is he running across the bridge?
- Is he being chased?
- Is something happening to the bridge?
- How did the diver come to be surrounded by sharks?
- What happens next?
- What is going through their mind?
- How is lava flowing past you?
- What are the noises and smells?
- How much heat is there here?
Swing Into The Unknown
- How scary is this swing?
- How loud is the crashing waterfall?
- Why did she climb onto this swing?
- How did you spot the key?
- What does it open?
- Could it be a good or a bad idea to pick it up?
- How fast is his heartbeat?
- How far down is the river below?
- What led him to jump over the chasm?
- How far into the forest did she explore to find this house?
- How long has she stayed here?
- Is there something special about this magical forest house?
- How did you come to be here?
- Could this be on an alien ship?
- What sounds can you hear?
- What is he spying on?
- How does he report back?
- Who is he working for?
- What emotions does this storm cause for you on the island?
- How long until the storm is overhead?
- What is your plan to weather the storm?
- How does it feel to soar amongst the mountains?
- What senses are you most aware of right now?
- Where are you trying to glide to?
- Are you onboard the rocket, or watching it launch?
- How strongly can you feel the force of the rocket launch in your body?
- Where is the rocket traveling to?
- Where did you find this startling bird?
- What happens next?
- What if this bird could change to match its surroundings like a chameleon?
Needing more inspiration?
Well I’ve got some good news for you. We have thousands of free inspiring writing resources to help your creative muse get the words flowing!
Take a look around the rest of our picture prompts resources, and whatever you do, don’t forget to bookmark our website so you can get all the new resources constantly being added.
If you know someone who would find these useful, please share the link to this page with them 🙂 It really does mean a lot to us if you help spread the word.
Thanks, and stay tuned for more very soon!
Happy writing everybody,