Teamwork is something that is a wonderful help when everyone on the team does their part.
These prompts about teamwork will help to build up students as better writers and also get them thinking about the true value of the team that they are surrounded by.
We all need a little help sometimes and that is why we all need to think about teamwork and these prompts should prove helpful.
How to Use the Prompts
These prompts should get everyone thinking about being better team members, so maybe group students into teams and assign the same prompt to each team.
They can then use the team to bounce ideas off and build each other up through feedback and thoughtful help.
- Write a story that begins: “There is no ‘i’ in team, but there is an ‘i’ in…”
- Describe why a team is so important.
- What does your real life perfect team look like?
- Write a story about a team that inspires others.
- What is the value in playing a team sport? Why?
- Describe the teamwork of your favorite sports team and why it works so well.
- Write a story that starts; “Without a great coach then what is the point of teamwork when…”
- Can you describe an experience when teamwork helped you succeed?
- Write a story about poor teamwork. How did it affect the outcome?
- What is your favorite thing to do in a team? Describe it.
- Write a story where the main character doesn’t want to be a team player.
- Write about a team of zebra.
- Discuss an unconventional team and how they make it work.
- Would you rather have a big or small team? Why?
- Write a story about someone who thinks they are doing everything, but it is really their team.
- Why is it important to acknowledge and appreciate your teammates?
- Do you have a favorite team memory from when you were playing a sport? Describe it.
- Can you tell the difference between good and bad team work? How?
- Is there someone famous you think would be a great teammate? Why?
- Write a story that starts: “Even though we lost the game, my team…”
- Write about why it is important for a team to lose, not just win.
- Can you discuss an important thing that you learned from a teammate?
- Do you know anyone who doesn’t want to be a team player? What makes that hard for the team?
- Write a story about the underdog team who beat the team favored to win.
- Imagine a team of animals playing baseball. Who would play what positions and why?
- Can you describe a team party? What was good about it and what wasn’t?
- Have you made any great friends playing a team sport? Describe how it happened.
- You’re the team captain. Who do you pick first? Why?
- Do you know a team with poor team work? Did they win or lose?
- Are you a team player? Describe why that is important.
- Can you think of a sport where you don’t need a team? Why?
- Make up a new team sport and describe all the rules and how the game works.
- Can you make up a team name for a team from a major city? Write the story behind their name.
- Write about a character who gets traded from one team to another. Describe how they feel about it.
- What are the important team bonding moments? Write about one that helps a team come together and win.
- What does a team need to win and why?
- Write a story about how people decided to start playing team sports. Make serious or funny.
- Do you believe in the idea of a team mindset? Why or why not?
- Is teamwork important outside of sports? Write a story about a scenario like this.
- Write a story that begins: “The team meant everything to me and without them…”
- Write a clever team motto and describe what it means and how you came up with it.
- Write a letter to the owner of sports teams suggesting a name change.
- What makes for a great team name, why do some work and others not?
- Write about the Fluffy Bunnies, the most terrifying team of all time.
There are so many more educational resources on our website.
Take a look around to see what interests you – we are adding dozens of new resources every week!
If you think we missed something or have your own resource to share, let us know, we would love to hear from you!