Humor is most often what makes us laugh and it provides a wonderful connection between people.
Making a joke can bring people together with laughter and defuse awkward situations.
We believe that you can find humor in most situations, so let’s write about them!
How to use:
All you have to do is pick a prompt and start writing!
You can use a timer, write until you meet a word count, or choose a prompt at random and write until you can’t anymore.
Just remember that these prompts are aimed to make you laugh and get you writing!
- What is something that always makes you laugh?
- What do you do when you think something is funny?
- Write a funny story about you and a friend finding a talking dog.
- Answer the age-old question: why did the chicken cross the road?
- Write a story about your first stand-up comedy routine. How does it go?
- Write about Doctor Duck and explain why his patients think he is a “quack.”
- Write a story about the classic joke “Why was six afraid of seven? Because seven eight (ate) nine,” and tell what happens next.
- Write your best dad joke and a story of you telling it along with it.
- Write about the time you laughed hardest in your life. Why do you think it was so funny?
- Who is the funniest person that you know? What makes them so funny?
- Write about the funniest thing a pet or animal has done. Why was it so funny?
- Write about waking up as a clown, and having to perform at a birthday party.
- Why do you think people think clowns and mimes are funny?
- Do you prefer funny movies or action movies? Why?
- Write about a time when something was a little funny, but someone’s laugh made it funnier.
- Write a story about someone who thinks everything is funny.
- Do you think it is important to find humor in your everyday life?
- Have you ever had a funny teacher? Did their humor make the class better or worse?
- Write about a time when you said your go-to joke and made others laugh.
- Write about a time when you laughed so hard your stomach hurt, or you had tears in your eyes.
- Do you think that a joke can be told so much that it is no longer funny? Why or why not?
- Do you think people are born funny or is it learned over time? Why?
- How would life be different if we weren’t allowed to laugh at funny things? Give an example and write about it.
- Put yourself in your favorite funny cartoon and write about your day.
- Write about Fred the Funny Bone and why he’s so funny.
- Take something that you have learned in the last week and make it funny. It can be a math problem or a news headline, get creative!
- Imagine you get to school and all of your clothes are on backwards. But so are your classmates! Write about whether you keep your clothes reversed.
- Write about the funniest thing a classmate has said. Was it the timing, the person, or the joke that made it so funny?
- Write a story about a funny unlikely animal duo, like a bird and an alligator.
- Describe your laugh in detail. Is it loud or quiet?
- What is the funniest food you can think of? (ex: jiggling Jell-o or smiley face pancakes)
- What is something that will never fail to make you laugh?
- Write a story about a person who wants to become a clown and does everything they can to make people laugh.
Looking for more?
While it’s always great to have a laugh, we provide a variety of other writing and educational content on our website.
If you have any questions or suggestions for us, please reach out, we would love to hear from you!