June is the sixth month of the calendar year, a time when many are out of school or yearning for a vacation getaway.
While each month has its own pros and cons, June is unique and special in its own way! With 30 days for outdoor activities and relaxation, some see June as the beginning of summer, and we tend to agree.
We can’t wait to see what June means to you, and that’s why we have created these writing prompts all about the magical month of June!
How to use these prompts:
Using our writing prompts is a breeze.
All you have to do is pick one of the prompts from the list below and start writing! We have compiled 30 prompts for every one of the days in the wonderful month of June.
You can select a prompt at random, or choose the number that matches with the day of the month; the options are limitless!
The Writing Prompts:
- What is your favorite part about the month of June? (The weather, a birthday, etc.)
- Why do you think the month is named June?
- Write a story about a friend named June and how you met them.
- Why do you think June is always the 6th month of the year?
- What activities can you participate in during the month of June that you may not be able to do during, say, October?
- What does June mean to you?
- Write a story about your perfect week of vacation in June.
- Is June typically hotter or colder where you live?
- Are there any holidays in the month of June? If you can’t think of one, invent your own and tell us about it.
- If the month of June was a human being, what do you think they’d be like? Describe their physical appearance and their personality.
- Why do you think the month of June is in between May and July?
- Why do you think June has 30 days instead of 31 like some other months?
- If the month of June was a person, what would they be like?
- The end of June marks the middle of the year. Have you kept your New Year’s resolutions? What are your resolutions going forward?
- Write a story from the perspective of a June bug.
- Some graduations take place in June. Write about what you would be thinking about while you walk to get your diploma.
- If the month had a smell, what would it be?
- If the month of June was a color, what would it be? Why?
- If the month of June was a sound, what sound would it be? Why?
- If June, July, and August were friends, what would they talk about?
- What do you think the phrase “June gloom” means?
- What is your favorite June activity? (biking, swimming, hiking, etc.)
- Do you think adults should get summer vacation off too?
- Pretend Christmas is now celebrated in June. How would it be different from a typical Christmas?
- June’s birthstone is a pearl. Do you think that fits with the month? Why or why not?
- What’s the difference between January and June? Which month do you prefer?
- Plan your perfect June backyard barbeque party. What would you serve, and who would you invite?
- Father’s Day is celebrated on the third Sunday of June. Do you do anything to celebrate?
- Why do you think Father’s Day is celebrated in June instead of another month?
- June 17th is National Eat Your Vegetables Day. Do you plan on celebrating by eating your favorite veggies? What are they?
Searching for more?
If you have any ideas or suggestions for us, please get in touch, so we can continue to provide resources for writers and readers of all ages!