Who doesn’t enjoy a sunny day?
It’s the perfect weather for a picnic, a day at the beach, or reading outside and enjoying the warmth of the sunshine!
There is nothing quite like feeling the Sun on your skin. The Sun also provides light, and its shine helps many plants and creatures stay alive! Even human beings need the precious vitamin D from the sun’s rays.
There are so many great things about the Sun, let’s write about them!
How can I use these prompts?
Writing prompts are great because there is no wrong way to pick one and start writing!
These prompts aim to get your brain thinking and writing.
If you are looking for a fun way to choose one of the prompts below, you can start with number one and go down the list, pull numbered popsicle sticks at random, or let the class pick their favorite!
In the end, it doesn’t matter which prompt you pick, as long as you pick one and start writing!
33 Writing Prompts About The Sun:
- The Sun is a star, not a planet. What do you think makes it a star?
- Could we live on the Sun?
- How hot is the Sun? Would a regular thermometer work there?
- How big is the Sun?
- Why do you think we can get sunburned from the Sun?
- What would it be like on Earth without the Sun?
- Write about your favorite part of sunny weather, and what you like to do.
- Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets? Why?
- What do you wear when it is sunny? How do you accessorize? (Sunglasses, umbrella, etc.)
- How do you think we figured out where the Sun is?
- If the Sun was a person, what would they be like?
- How much do you think the Sun weighs? What would you use to weigh it?
- Where is your favorite place to go when it is sunny?
- How is the Sun different from Earth?
- Have you heard the term “sunny disposition”? What do you think it means?
- How does the Sun help plants grow?
- How does the Sun help human beings live on Earth?
- How do sundials work?
- Why is it important to not get too much sun?
- How can the Sun help you tell time?
- Write about a day without the Sun.
- Write about a week without the Sun.
- What do you like about the Sun/sunny days?
- How does the Sun affect our lives on earth?
- Looking directly at the Sun may hurt your eyes. Why do you think that is?
- How is the Sun different from the moon?
- We use sunscreen to protect our skin from sunrays. Write about how you think sunscreen was invented.
- Which months are the sunniest where you live?
- Do you prefer sunny days or rainy days? Both? Why?
- How old do you think the Sun is?
- How far away do you think the Sun is? How would we know?
- What happens during a solar eclipse? What is the Sun like during the eclipse?
- What do you think the inside of the Sun is like? Is it hard or soft?
Looking for more writing prompts?
Our website is full of free resources for teachers and writers of all ages. Try out our prompts about the Moon! We’ve also written a collection of space prompts – on and if you want to let imagination run wild, you might like to try writing about aliens!
Check out our other blog posts for more fun topics and ideas to share with your friends and students.
If you have ideas or suggestions for new topics, please get in touch with us. We love hearing your ideas and getting creative with writing!