An opinion is your personal way of feeling. It is not based on facts, but rooted in your own personal knowledge and beliefs. Your opinion can be shaped by your life experiences and those around you.
Opinions can change and evolve over time, or they can stay the same.
Everyone has their own opinion, and that makes life interesting! Sharing your opinion can help you find like-minded friends and help you learn even more.
In our opinion, writing can help you discover your own opinions and find out what means the most to you!
How to use these prompts:
There are so many ways to enjoy these writing prompts!
You can pick a random number and write as much as you can, or you can go down the list and write a prompt each day as a writing challenge.
You can set a timer or a fixed word count and let the words fly!
There is no wrong way to use these writing prompts, you just have to pick one and start writing.
The writing prompts:
- What do you think an opinion is? Why do you think it is so hard to put into words?
- How do you form an opinion? Is it formed quickly or slowly over time?
- Can an opinion change over time? How does it change?
- Answer the age-old question: in your opinion, which came first, the chicken or the egg?
- What is your opinion on cartoons? Are they only for kids, or can adults enjoy them too?
- In your opinion, what is the best superhero and why? What makes them special?
- What, in your opinion, is the best food in the world? How is it prepared? When did you first have it?
- Do you think it is necessary to go to college after high school? Why or why not?
- What is your opinion on school sports? Should participation be required or not?
- Do you think every student should have a computer provided to them? Why or why not?
- Do you think students should get a vote on what is served in the cafeteria? Why or why not?
- What is your opinion on school uniforms? How do you think they benefit or detract from the learning experience?
- In your opinion, what is the best weather to live in? Do you prefer hot summers or snowy winters?
- What’s the best theme park, and what informs your decision? Is it the rides, the food, the wait times?
- In your opinion, what book should everyone read at least once? Share your opinion on the book as well.
- What is the ultimate dessert in your opinion? How is it different from other desserts?
- What is your favorite holiday besides Christmas? Rank your top5 favorite holidays and explain why, in your opinion, they are the best.
- In your opinion, what movie should everyone see in their lifetime? Should they watch it with a friend or experience it alone?
- What is the best vacation spot in your opinion? Be sure to include your vacation experience there as well.
- What is your favorite type of exercise? Explain why you want others to try that exercise.
- What genre of music, in your opinion, is the best? Why?
- What is your favorite kind of ice cream and why? Have you tried your friend’s favorite flavors? Has it changed your opinion?
- What is the most interesting animal in your opinion, and why?
- What, in your opinion, is the best animal for a pet? Have you ever had this pet, or known someone that has? What makes them a great pet?
- Would you rather live in a house or an apartment? Why?
- What career seems most interesting to you? Is that what you want to be when you grow up?
- In your opinion, is chess or checkers more enjoyable? Why?
- What is, in your opinion, your favorite board game? Do you play by the rules or make up your own? Who is your favorite person to play with?
- What is your opinion on video games? Should everyone play video games? Why or why not?
- Do you think everyone has the responsibility to vote when they are old enough? Why or why not?
- Do you think that homework should be required for students? Is it beneficial for students to have extra practice at home, or do they get enough learning time at school?
- In your opinion, should virtual learning be offered to all students from now on? Or do you believe that every student should be learning in a classroom at school. Why?
- In your opinion, do you think you should have dessert with every dinner? Would it be the same dessert or a different one? What do you think about ordering dessert first?
Looking for more?
We provide unique and interesting free content for writers and readers of all ages to share and enjoy on our website!
Try inspiring some writing about the moon, or dogs – or maybe try writing about why we dream? We have literally thousands upon thousands of original writing prompts on our site, as well as all sorts of random story starter generators and more!
If you have any questions or suggestions for us, please reach out. Your opinion matters to us, and we look forward to hearing from you! Thanks and see you again soon.